Friday, October 30, 2009

Black Crow's and Lawn Damage



Local residents of  The Ygnacio Wood Housing tract are being invaded by Black Crows. Over on San Simeon the problem is getting out of hand...These big birds can rip up an area of beautiful turf in no time...They are apparently looking for Grubs...The way to solve this problem is obviously to kill the grubs .This is something new here in the Concord/W.C./Clayton areas...I have seen Raccoon damage ,Skunk ,Mole ,Vole,Even Turkeys but this Black Crow problem is a noticeably a new threat to the lawns in this particular neighborhood ...Above are the photos I took today on San Simeon...Why this over population of Crows recently ? Is it Climate change ? Because I am sure that Black Crows have always liked eating grubs...So why are we seeing the Crows damaging lawns only recently ? Hmmm..? Does anyone else  have a Crow Problem this fall...?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Rooster has a crow problem. His cock-a- doodle won't do. Maybe it's the grubs he's been eating.

Atticus Thraxx said...

"Baby here I am
I'm the man on the scene
I can give you what you want
But you gotta come home with me"
-Black Crows

Anonymous said...

Atticus, give props! Black Crows take the back seat!

---Otis Redding.

Crow Damage said...

What do I use to kill the grubs with out messing up the grass...As Diazanon is no longer available I believe.?

Anonymous said...

The grubs are innocent. Kill the crows.

Anonymous said...

Grubs are delicious! Dig them up and eat them, like a bald headed fat man!

Anonymous said...

Two thoughts on controlling the grubs - Dt or beneficial nematodes