Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The Big Oak Tree Bench @ Nature Park


If you have been enjoying Concord Nature Park for years as I have then you had probably noticed that in the years past there was a big oak removed from the back field there and its massive trunk was carved into a huge bench that was in the field there for years...Many of us enjoyed this unique rest stop in the park... Then one day it was just gone ?   Well yesterday I was at the Markham Arboretum Society inside the fences of the Nursery there and I found the Huge old missing Bench... Come to find out the bench was removed from the field where it sat for years due to the fact that it had become a Hangout for groups of Kids who were disrespectfully  vandalizing among other things regularly in the parks back field there...Since the Bench was moved I havent seen anyone congregating in the back field ....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for finding the missing bench Smokey! I hope someone reports those bench stealing thieves of the Markham Arboretum Society!

Smokey said...

I want it put back how about you?

Anonymous said...

Well... umm... looks kinda heavy... And I don't wanna mess with who ever moved it. Probably a gang of brawny tattooed plant lovers. If you've ever dealt with those kind of women, it can get ugly fast. So... I think I'll leave to you. Thanks. BYE!