Friday, November 13, 2009

Mt Diablo State Park - Mitchell Canyon



This place is one of my favorite foothill parks, as it is where the Diablo foothills meet the base of the Mountain... Mitchell Canyon is beautiful and it is easily accessed off Pine Hollow rd. out to Mitchell Canyon rd...The picnic areas down by the creek are a nice place to have lunch and the trails are full of the fall colors this time of year...There is also a bicentenial Oak Tree along the trail ... Lots of really cool sights and plenty of local wild life here to see... I have seen the Red Tailed often here and have gotten some great shots at Mitchell Canyon...There is an entrance fee of  $ 6.00 as it is a part of MT. Diablo State Park...

5 comments:

Anna, The Lemon Lady said...

This is one of my fondest memories. My husband and I walked for hours while I was pregnant. We were so happy to enjoy the wildflowers and peaceful time on the trails...all the while expecting our little bundle of joy.

I don't remember the $6.00 entrance fee. Is that something new?

Smokey said...

Hi Anna,I think the $6.00 entrance fee may be new due to the money problems the Governater is having...

Anonymous said...

we used to have buckeye wars down by the creek...

Anonymous said...

Careful, buckeyes are poisonous.

Anonymous said...

lots of places to park in and around regency and dana hills with no cost and easy entry to the park... from dana hills the mitchell canyon staging area is less than a mile...