Monday, November 23, 2009

Trip to Italy?



Wanting to go to Italy for some good Italian food but cant quite fit that into the budget? Yes same here. Alas there is some small hope for getting that good Italian food with out a plane ticket. Tucked nicely into Danville's downtown area is a little place called Piatti. Piatti is a four star Italian restaurant without the four star price. I took a pretty lady there on friday night for dinner for two and was pleasanty suprized. The crowd is an older crowd as is much of danville but very livly and full for a friday night. As you walk through the front door there is a bar located to the right side with sports playing on the plasma, Not your typical low light lets get drunk type of sports bar in a restraunt but a very upperclass nice bar. In front of you and all the way back and to the left is the tables all garnished with plants and a very purposefull and well thought out lighting arrangement. With your own light pointed directly down on the center of your table even though crowed you feel secluded in your own area. We were lucky enough to get our own two person table just out of arms reach from the fireplace. Three drinks, two appitizers, two main courses and two desserts and the tab was just under 80 dollars. I enjoyed a delicious minstrone duck soup, angel hair pasta with garlic, basil and tomato sauce and a delightful tiramisu. All in all it was a fantastic evening and easy on the pocketbook.

A's-SmokeScreen-A's

..Heres the link to PIATTI . COM

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds almost as nice as the Spaghetti Factory. But for 80 bucks, I want beef. Not soup, pasta and a table garnish. How about a thoughtful lighting arrangement and a delightful tiramisu? Please, I'm a guy.

lp

Anonymous said...

I would have went to the Outback Steakhouse for Prime RIB myself :) Did Mrs. Smokey have a good time?

Smokey said...

3;17am??? wow thats early...Smokey here,hey I did not go to Piattis?... this post is from "smokescreen"...

A's-SmokeScreen-A's said...

Your a guy... Obviously a single one.

A's-SmokeScreen-A's said...

You know what.. I am sorry LP. I didn't mean to be rude.. Hey tell ya what, ill help ya find a girl. We can spruce you up a bit show you what it means to live on the nicer side of life with tact and a class and get you a cute lil thing... Then you wont have to be the Lonely Poster anymore.. I mean Lone poster.

Anonymous said...

ASSA. / AKA Mr. Klassy.
The Restaurant called. That wasn't duck soup you had. You drank the finger bowl.

lp

A's-SmokeScreen-A's said...

Then that was the best dirty water I have ever had in my life!!!!! Dang though they still charged me the price of the duck soup. I bet next time I can get it a lot cheaper