Thursday, December 17, 2009

The Christmas Orange


I dont know about you but in my family its tradition to put a nice juicy Christmas Orange in the stocking ... As I was working over in the states streets today I came across the most beautiful  Christmas Orange Tree in the whole  neighborhood ! I call it a Christmas Orange Tree because the Mrs. of the house there told me that she would be happy to allow The Lemon Lady to come and harvest her beautiful Oranges for the food pantry after Christmas when she had finished giving them to her family as gifts as she always has... But what a beautiful Tree full of Christmas Oranges to be cut for the food pantry!!! If you see any other trees like this one just knock on the door and try...  Not everyone is into it but the ones who are make a big difference and there are mega citrus trees around here that just fall to the ground... Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmm... you gave Lemon Lady an extra M. She's magically delisious!

Anonymous said...

That's my Mom's tree and I'm coming home for Christmas and I'd like to have at least one fresh orange. I'll trade you a Texas grapefruit if I can get it thru security.

Anna, The Lemon Lady said...

Hi Smokey,
Yes, this is Concord, California. Home of the Charlie Brown Christmas Tree, Snow in Clayton, and a utopia of wasted fruit year long, 365 days a year. Thank you for caring enough and reaching out to others.

If each one of us only took on one small project. One person, one tree, once a year. We would have our local hunger (fresh fruit) solution solved.