The economic downturn has left more families struggling financially. Some pet guardians may feel the need to surrender or abandon their cat or dog. ARF is partnering with Peet's Coffee & Tea to collect pet food for Contra Costa families in need. Our goal is to collect 2,500 pounds of food during the holiday season.
Please donate cat or dog food, wet or dry, unexpired and unopened at one of the following locations.
To host your own drive:
- Contact ARF’s Holiday FoodShare program at firstname.lastname@example.org or 925.977.7900 extension 473 to inform us of your intent.
- Determine your goal. You may want to track the pounds of food collected to show your progress.
- Download the Holiday FoodShare flier and make copies to distribute to co-workers, friends, or neighbors.
- Select a location for your collection bin (copy paper boxes are perfect). You may also use the flier to identify your collection bin.
- You may choose to drop off food frequently or at the end of your drive. We are happy to meet you during collection hours at the ARF facility to say THANK YOU.
- Celebrate your success! Photos of you or your representative dropping off donations at ARF will allow everyone to share in the achievement. Give us a call and we will be ready for the photo op!
If you need pet food, please contact:
Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Thursday 9 a.m. – 7p.m.