Thursday, February 4, 2010

Russellmann Road





This road is off of Marsh Creek just before Rodies Feed and eventually turns to a private road... It goes way up the mountain passing by the Concord Mt.Diablo Trail Riders Clubhouse along the way... Russellmann road leads up to many of the residences on this side of the mountain...The views of the Clayton valley and the surrounding foothills were spectacular as we traveled up the mountain as far as the Trail Riders Club... Road conditions would not permit me to travel much further up as I had planned but I will be back in the dryer season and then i will go out to the end and hike the rest of the way up to Eagle Peak..
. My wife found this road on Google Earth and suggested we go explore it ... What a great view and different perspective you get when up on Russellmann road...
.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Back in the late sixties local Claycordians bought a membership to the swimming pool up there many fond memories of Russelman's park the road has never changed. In the eighties the grandson of the Russelmen's had many a party up there for Concord High students my son spent plenty of weekends up there..good luck with your hiking you will fall in love with the area

Mr. Mayor said...

Good story, Smokey. I did a story about a grave on Russellmann Road, just before the horse place.

Check out the link to view the stories, it's the grave of a little girl who died, she was one of the Marsh girls.

http://claycord.blogspot.com/search?q=alma

Smokey said...

Thanks Mayor! I saw that grave I think ? It was bordered by an old white picket fence... My wife said it was a capped mine shaft vent but I said it looked more like a grave...

Anna, The Lemon Lady said...

You do have some very good stories Smokey. Very nice.

Anna, The Lemon Lady said...

Thinking what a good thing you are doing for your family - hiking for your health and heart.

I will blog about your blog for Heart Month...a bit later. :)

Smokey said...

Cool ,Thanks Anna!

Mr. Mayor said...

Yes, Smokey, that's a grave. I think she was only 6 when she died. Crazy huh?

GoGo Gomez said...

great story and pics smokey