Tuesday, April 13, 2010

On The Trail @ Green Lake in New Zeland !

 
I have a cousin named Steven who is currently employed in the country of New Zeland as a youth pastor... Recently he had the opportunity to do  some backpacking in a beautiful area called Green Lake ...  Steven used to work for me as a kid starting when he was very young and he was a good helper to me for many years ... Many of my oldest customers still ask me about him ...Hiking in the New Zeland outback with the youth group is a very cool part of his new  job  ...  Here he is below   having the time of his life leading a group of kids on an eight  hour all day hike over large mountains on the trail to the cabin at a  place called Green Lake  ...
Here are some shots of this beautiful lake taken by my cousin Steven...

Now when I am out working and someone asks me what ever happen to that kid that used to work with me I tell them he is all grown up now and I get a picture in my head like this one below here as I smile...
.

2 comments:

Radar said...

New Zealand is a very beautiful country. I was on the south island a few years back and was awed by the scenery and the people. I want to go back again.

Anonymous said...

Smokey, does your cousin discover Moa bird prints with the same regularity as your finds of Mountain Lion tracks? :-D

lp