Thursday, July 15, 2010

Lions ,Tigers & Whales Oh My !

 

Here is a great place to get away for the day with the family and really feel like you've been on a little  vacation ...  Discovery Kingdom is just across the bridge and really affordable ... We were there a  couple weeks ago and had a blast ...
I always enjoy all of the big cats ... The Tigers are one of my favorite things there ...
But Shouka the Killer Whale is pretty cool as well ... We were down in the front row  for the whale show and it has been years since I went down there knowing that this was the splash zone and all but I figured what the heck ... Shouka soaked us pretty good with some very cold  water ...The force of the wave that hit me was like a punch in the face ... What a powerful creature the Orca is ... Great fun on a hott day !
My little girl really likes Giraffes so we went over and said hello to them too while we were there ...
This Walrus has been at this park for 15 years ... I can remember when they got him ...
These birds were beautiful  ...
I had to take their picture ...
This Blue one here with the yellow circle around his eye was like none that I had ever seen before ...
This was the fourth of July weekend on the third and so later that night they did a fireworks presentation out over the lake that was pretty cool too !
All in all a really great afternoon/evening out ... The great thing about Discovery Kingdom for me is the convenience location wise and also the  affordability and FUN ! ...  Like I was saying in the previous post , "Yes, Money may be  shorter this year ... But is'nt LIFE shorter every year" ?   Get out there and enjoy it !

No comments: