Friday, July 30, 2010

Standing In The Falls For A Measly Ten Bucks !

 
This past week my family and I have been enjoying a few nice days up in Sierra City at the Yuba River Inn ... Our trip was cut short however by a death in the family which was not really sudden but still very hard on our hearts ... However we did enjoy every bit of our time together up there just as grandma would have wanted... Just up the road from our cabin is the ice cold fresh water sierra mountain springs ... These falls have been flowing out of the side of the mountain for ever and ever ... My dad has been taking our family up there all of my life ... Back in the seventies people would be lined up in cars with big drinking water containers for their campsites... The water at these falls  is soooo good ! This water is better than the stuff in the waterboys  secret necklace vile ... It doesn't get any fresher than this ...

My son for some reason enjoys standing under these freezing falls ... It has become something of a tradition for my son and I after betting him ten bucks last year that he wouldn't stand under those freezing cold falls ... Well he did stand in the falls last year and I had to pay up ... This year he did it again !
The other day as we were passing by the falls on our way to Packer Lake he spoke up and wanted to know if the offer still stood ...Well , needless to say I eagerly pulled over at the falls remembering how entertaining this site was for me last year ...
You would never get me to stand under this particularly icy cold glacial waterfall for a measly ten bucks but I sure do get a kick out of watching him do it !...

1 comment:

Anna, The Lemon Lady said...

Kids, teenagers, cold water, nothing seems to bother them. Ava almost got frostbite on her fingers when we were digging in the snow up at Tahoe in April this year. And, I let her play too long in the cold...hard to break away from letting kids have fun!