Sunday, July 25, 2010

Top 10 Animal Viewing Tips


Here is another cool post from the Smokey Mountains Hiking Blog that I read ,I added the pic....In the June issue of Backpacker Magazine, author Kelly Bastone offers up her top 10 animal viewing tips.

1. Keep a safe distance.

2. Hike at a leisurely pace.

3. Take long breaks.

4. Hike in the right weather.

5. Call wildlife biologists (at a park or college) and rangers.

6. Keep binocs/camera handy.

7. Look for parts and portions.

8. Practice "scatter vision."

9. Sneak up ridges.

10. Observe prey animals.

Obviously these tips assume you're not in a car on the Cades Cove Loop Road.... Weather you are in the Great Smokey Mountains or here on Smokeys Mountain these are some good tips for those of us who enjoy 
seeing critters in the wild out on the trail ...I am actually packing right now ! I leave tomorrow for the Yuba and I cant wait to get out there and enjoy myself ... Number two , three , ten and  six on the list above there are pretty much my usual  plan but I am looking forward to doing some of number nine and possibly seven too ...

To learn more and read the full article, please click here.

No comments: